Renters Insurance - Chicago IL 

image of for rent sign in front of Illinois house

Also Serving Aurora, Joliet and other areas in Illinois & Indiana

Click to Start Your Renters Insurance Quote

If you rent a home or apartment, you don't have to worry about mortgage payments or doing major repairs yourself. You do, however, need to think about insurance.

Most landlords will only cover the outside of your living structure. So the only way to protect yourself financially if your possessions are stolen or destroyed is to get a renters insurance policy. Additionally, renters coverage can help keep you from having to foot the bill for a liability claim or lawsuit filed against you for something that happened in your home.

If you're looking for coverage, check out Buschbach Insurance. Our professional staff has decades of renters insurance experience, and we have policy options from multiple insurers designed to meet your needs and budget. Call (708) 423-2350 or request a free quote to get started.

With renters insurance, you will be able to replace what is damaged or stolen.

Renters insurance covers your possessions against losses from fire or smoke, lightning, vandalism, theft, explosion, windstorm, and water damage from plumbing.

However, renters insurance does not cover floods, earthquakes or routine wear and tear. You can, however, buy separate policies for flood and earthquake damage.

If you are forced out of your home because of a disaster your additional living expenses will be covered.

Renters insurance pays the reasonable additional costs of temporarily living away from your home if you can't live in it due to a fire, severe storm or other insured disaster. It covers hotel bills, temporary rentals, restaurant meals and other living expenses incurred while your home is being rebuilt. Coverage for additional living expenses differs from company to company.

Renters insurance also covers your responsibility to other people injured at your home or elsewhere by you, a family member or your pet and pays legal defense costs if you are taken to court.

Decide How Much Insurance You Need.

Add up the cost of everything you would want to replace if it were damaged or stolen. This could also serve as the basis for an inventory that will make filing a claim easier. For an inventory, also record model numbers, dates and places of purchase. Take photographs or make a video of these items and place a copy of the inventory in safe place away form your home.

If you rent an apartment or house you need insurance to protect your belongings. While your landlord might have insurance, it only protects the building. Your belongings are not covered under those policies.

You need an insurance agency that’s going to help you sift through a mountain of choices to settle on the protection that’s right for you. So, don’t wait to get covered. Call Buschbach Insurance at 708.423.2350, and we’ll help you get a fast, free policy quote.

 facebook Social Icon Social Icon Social Icon Social Icon
© Copyright. All rights reserved | Powered by Insurance Website Builder