Home Insurance - Chicago IL
Also Serving Aurora, Joliet and other areas in Illinois & Indiana
Help Me Get the Best Homeowners Insurance in Illinois
Your home is likely your largest investment. So it's only natural to want to protect it from danger. While that might not always be possible, you shouldn't be left holding the bill for damages. A quality homeowners insurance policy can provide top-notch financial protection, without breaking the bank.
But which plan should you choose? Because everyone's needs are not the same, it is best to consult Buschbach Insurance Agency to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Why Do You Need Homeowners Insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Things To Consider And Questions To Ask Your Agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy such as adding auto insurance, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
You need an insurance agency that’s going to help you sift through a mountain of choices to settle on the protection that’s right for you. So, don’t wait to get covered. Call Buschbach Insurance at 708.423.2350, and we’ll help you get a fast, free policy quote.