silverware on tableAs a restaurant owner, you have to wear many hats on a daily basis to keep the kitchen and dining room running smoothly. Because they stay so busy, it’s no surprise that many restauranteurs aren’t entirely familiar with the details of their insurance policies. Purchasing restaurant insurance is a great start, but it's also important to ensure that your policy comes with all the coverage you truly need.

A very common coverage gap for restaurants involves outdoor signs and awnings. However, the way to handle adding these items to your policy depends on whether your business owns or rents the building it resides in.

If You Own the Building

Total up the value of signs and awnings that are permanently attached to the building. This value can then be added to the property coverage portion of your restaurant insurance policy. Free standing signs will need to be specifically added to the policy, rather than bundled with all business property. Generally, each free standing sign will be listed individually and covered up to a limit that is established per sign.

If You Rent the Building

Even if you rent the building, your business has paid for the signage and awnings. You can add these items to your restaurant insurance policy by adding a particular type of coverage called tenant’s betterments and improvements. This coverage also applies to other permanent features and fixtures, like a paint job or new carpeting installed on your business’ dime. The value of these items should be totaled up to determine the amount of coverage you’ll need to add to the policy.

Still have questions? Your independent insurance agent can address your concerns and help you find the coverage you need to operate your restaurant with peace of mind.

Are your outdoor signs covered? Call Buschbach Insurance Agency at (708) 423-2350 for more information on Oak Lawn restaurant insurance.
Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2020
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013

View Mobile Version
 facebook Social Icon Social Icon Social Icon Social Icon
© Copyright. All rights reserved | Powered by Insurance Website Builder