family posing in front of houseThough purchasing home insurance is not required by law, it may be required by your mortgage lender and/or the neighborhood’s HOA. Not to mention, buying a policy helps provide valuable coverage to protect your financial interests if disaster strikes. Your home is likely your largest investment, so it’s worthwhile to get the right protection in place. But what should you look for in a home insurance policy?


The ideal amount of property coverage is enough to rebuild your house from the ground up. A partial loss is much more likely than a total loss, but you don’t want to be caught unprepared if a fire burns down your home. This coverage should also cover detached garages, sheds, gazebos and other structures on your property.


In addition to protecting the structure of your house, you’ll also need coverage for your belongings. This includes furniture, artwork, kitchen appliances, clothing, collections and all of the other possessions that turn your house into a home. Take a home inventory (your agent can offer tips and advice on this process) to determine the overall value of your stuff, and then seek a matching amount of contents coverage for your policy.


As a homeowner, you also have a responsibility to visitors and neighbors. Any damages or injuries that can directly be tied back to you can cost you thousands, or even millions. Having liability coverage in place is key to protect you if one of these situations arises. Be sure to let your agent know if you have a pool and/or trampoline, as these increase your liability risks.

Find the right policy today. Call Buschbach Insurance Agency at (708) 423-2350 for more information on Chicago IL home insurance.
Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013

View Mobile Version
 facebook Social Icon Social Icon Social Icon Social Icon
© Copyright. All rights reserved | Powered by Insurance Website Builder